I kept thinking I had figured this book out and then it introduced something else. ๐
That’s probably what I enjoyed most about Paladin of God - Ascension. It doesn’t hand you the whole picture at once. Instead, Vorákin’s journey keeps opening little doors and behind almost every one is another mystery.
It starts with Vorákin simply trying to get by, but things take a much stranger turn when he finds himself in the Forest of Lost Souls. The encounter with the Bargest was enough to make me realise this wasn’t going to be a simple fantasy quest. Then comes the Book of Nomolos—and suddenly I was asking myself, okay… what exactly is going on here? ๐๐
I also really enjoyed Vorákin and Wandora’s dynamic. They aren’t the instantly-perfect adventure duo. There’s hesitation, disagreement and a gradual sense of trust between them, which made their interactions feel much more natural to me.
And then the Broken Seas happened. ๐
The Kraken sequence genuinely caught me off guard. The panic on the ship, the fight for survival and the sheer scale of what they were facing made that section one of the easiest to picture while reading. ๐⚔️
But what has stayed with me most is the feeling that we’ve only seen the surface of this world.
The Crimson Flame Knights, ancient mysteries, World Trees, strange creatures and the mysterious Pilgrimage of Light all feel like pieces of something much larger. ✨
This book definitely asks you to pay attention but I actually liked that. Not everything is explained immediately and sometimes, that made me even more curious.
Because when a fantasy leaves you with more questions than answers, you know there’s something worth discovering.
And I’m definitely curious to see where Vorákin goes from here. ๐ฅ๐

No comments:
Post a Comment