Thursday, August 20, 2026

Ek Dawa Mil Jaye Jo by Lavika Sharma

 



Have you ever read something and suddenly thought, “Someone finally put this feeling into words”?

That was my experience with Ek Dawa Mil Jaye Jo

This book is a collection of poetry, but while reading it, I never felt like I was simply going through one poem after another. It felt more like stepping into someone’s thoughts - messy, vulnerable, honest and sometimes painfully familiar.

There were quite a few moments where I stopped and reread a line.

One that really stayed with me was:

“मुझे शाबाशी दो,

मैं अब तक सब लिए बैठा हूँ।”

There is something so simple yet heavy about these words. We often talk about surviving difficult phases, but rarely about how exhausting it can be to carry everything quietly.

Another thought that stayed with me was the book’s recurring feeling of falling, getting hurt and still finding a reason to continue. In “On My Way,” the writer talks about falling in different ways - sometimes because life pushes you, sometimes because someone else does and sometimes simply because you are already tired.

And then there are poems about memories, solitude, blame, loss and those relationships where the silence somehow says more than words ever could.

What I personally enjoyed most is the rawness. The writing doesn't always try to make pain sound beautiful. Sometimes it simply lets pain be pain.

By the end, I felt that the title Ek Dawa Mil Jaye is more than just a title. The book itself becomes a kind of emotional space - a place where feelings that are difficult to explain finally get a voice.

❤️ This is a book I would recommend to readers who find comfort in poetry that feels personal rather than polished.

Because sometimes, you don't need someone to fix what you're feeling.

You just need someone to put it into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment