Thursday, September 3, 2026

Legacy of Ash by Wouter van Wyk


I went into this book thinking I was going to read a mystery. I didn’t expect to end up questioning how much of history we actually know. ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ”ฅ

What hooked me first was Adrian Ward. He’s not the usual action-heavy protagonist. He thinks, calculates, decodes, questions and then finds himself in situations where logic alone isn’t enough. His discovery of the strange manuscript and the Orobas sigil was one of those moments where I knew things were about to get complicated. ๐Ÿ•ฏ️๐Ÿ“œ

I especially loved the contrast between Adrian’s world of computers, algorithms and A.V.A. and the ancient secrets he keeps uncovering. Watching him use technology to decode things that have survived for centuries was genuinely fascinating. And when A.V.A. begins detecting strange activity around him, that unsettling feeling of "someone has been watching you all along" really kicks in. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Then comes Ambrose Hale and honestly, I loved his character. His conversations with Adrian feel less like ordinary dialogue and more like two intelligent people trying to figure out how much the other knows. The antiquarian shop, hidden manuscripts and coded information slowly reveal that Adrian has stumbled into something much bigger. ๐Ÿ—️๐Ÿ“š

Abigail was another character I really enjoyed. Her dynamic with Adrian adds a different energy, especially when they’re forced to rely on each other while being hunted. Their escape through the underground passage, with mercenaries and the Vatican closing in, had me genuinely tense. ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿƒ‍♂️

What stayed with me most was the combination of ancient languages, strange symbols, the Watchers, the Vatican and the possibility that some truths were deliberately buried. ๐Ÿ–ค
I loved that the book doesn’t simply hand you answers. Every discovery creates another question and every answer seems to hide something underneath it.

By the later chapters, I wasn’t just reading to see what happened—I genuinely wanted to know how deep the conspiracy went. ๐Ÿ‘€

If you enjoy ancient mysteries, secret societies, cryptic manuscripts, technology and conspiracies, this is one to put on your TBR. ๐Ÿ“š✨

 

No comments:

Post a Comment