Friday, October 2, 2026

Leonidas Explores The 7 Continents by Mark Leary

 


๐ŸŒ A bedtime story that became a little adventure for both of us…

I read Leonidas Explores: The 7 Continents with my niece and honestly, it was one of those books where I found myself enjoying the journey just as much as she did. ๐Ÿ˜Š

We started reading it before bedtime, with Leonidas tucked into bed with Nimbus. Then that glowing portal appeared.... and suddenly, bedtime was no longer bedtime! We were off to explore the world with them.

My niece especially loved Nimbus. She kept pointing at him and asking where they were going next. And of course, the food got a lot of attention too! ๐Ÿ˜‚ She loved the Croissant in Paris, the Pรฃo de Queijo in Brazil and the Baozi in China. When Leonidas tried falafel in Egypt, she immediately wanted to know what it tasted like.

I personally enjoyed the little cultural touches throughout the story. Hearing Leonidas say Bonjour, Ni Hao, Salam and G’day mate made each stop feel a little different and I liked how naturally the book introduces children to new places, words and traditions.

Antarctica was one of our favourite stops. The penguins, snow and icy landscape really caught her attention. ๐Ÿง❄️ And then there was the Great Barrier Reef - with all those colourful fish, the turtle and the giant ray. She actually spent quite a while looking at that page.
The Grand Canyon and the little campfire scene with s’mores were another lovely touch. ๐Ÿ”ฅ

What I liked most, though, is that the book never felt like we were sitting down to “learn geography”. We were simply following a curious little boy and his bunny friend on a magical trip around the world—and picking up things along the way.

By the last page, my niece asked me, “Where will Leonidas go next?”

That probably tells me more about this book than anything else I could say. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ“š๐ŸŒŽ

No comments:

Post a Comment