Saturday, October 3, 2026

DHI Alchemy by Manjula Pooja Shroff

 


๐Ÿ“– A little confession from my reading notes....

I went into DHI Alchemy expecting another book about mindfulness, self-care and “positive thinking”. I didn’t expect to keep stopping mid-page and thinking, “Okay.... I need to look at this differently.” ๐Ÿ˜…

What worked for me was how the book keeps connecting the mental, physical and spiritual sides of well-being instead of treating them as separate pieces.

One section I genuinely enjoyed was “The Transformative Power of Words and Silence”. The small situations - Michael, the cab driver who receives a kind word from a stranger, Aman using self-talk after failing to qualify for a sports team and the workplace disagreement between Susan and Nia - felt familiar because they weren't dramatic, extraordinary situations. They were the kind of moments that can happen on an ordinary day. And yet, the book shows how much our words can actually change. ๐Ÿ’ญ

Then came “Manifesting Money”, which surprised me in a different way. I liked the story of Amit, the investment banker who becomes so consumed by work that he loses touch with his childhood friend Rajiv. That storyline made the discussion about money feel much more personal. It isn't simply about earning more; it's about what we might unknowingly sacrifice while chasing it. ๐Ÿ’ฐ

And I have to mention the Delete–Heal–Install concept. I found myself thinking about it even after putting the book down. The idea of deleting limiting patterns, healing what needs attention and installing healthier habits is simple, but surprisingly thought-provoking. ๐ŸŒฑ

The quizzes and reflection prompts also made this feel less like a book I was supposed to simply finish and more like one I was supposed to work through.

✨ My takeaway?
I didn't read DHI Alchemy in one straight line.
I paused.
I questioned a few things.
I recognised a few habits.

And, honestly, that's probably what made the reading experience worthwhile. ๐Ÿง ๐ŸŒฟ

Some books give you information.

This one occasionally gives you a mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment