Saturday, September 12, 2026

You Are Loved, You Are Enough: A Memoir about embracing life by Sheryl A. Oleksak

 


๐ŸŒ„ I didn't expect a story about self-love to make me remember a man, his dog and a sunset on a mountain.

But that little story from You Are Loved, You Are Enough stayed with me. ❤️

Sheryl A. Oleksak’s memoir is filled with moments like this—seemingly small memories that gradually reveal something much bigger about the person behind them. Her connection with Sedona, the older man she repeatedly met while he photographed sunsets, and the quiet story of his dog returning to the place it loved most felt unexpectedly tender to me. ๐Ÿพ It reminded me that sometimes the moments that stay with us aren't the dramatic ones but the ones that make us stop and simply feel.

What I appreciated most about this memoir is how personal it feels. Sheryl doesn't try to make her journey look neat. She talks openly about growing up with a complicated relationship with her mother, struggling with food and body image, navigating relationships and slowly figuring out what self-worth actually meant for her.

The food chapters especially caught my attention. Her journey from feeling restricted by food to eventually becoming someone who could travel, explore different cuisines and genuinely enjoy eating felt like a much deeper story about freedom than I expected. ๐Ÿฝ️๐ŸŒ

I also loved the evolution of her relationship with yoga. ๐Ÿง˜‍♀️ What begins as a physical practice becomes something much more meaningful—breath, meditation, patience, healing and eventually a way for her to help other people find their own sense of balance.
But if there is one thing I took away from this book, it's that healing doesn't necessarily mean forgetting what happened. Sometimes it means accepting what you cannot change, forgiving without expecting anything in return and deciding that your past no longer gets to control your present. ๐ŸŒฟ

I finished this book feeling strangely calm.

Not because everything in Sheryl's life suddenly became perfect, but because she learned to stop waiting for perfection before allowing herself to enjoy life.

And honestly, isn't that something most of us could use a little more of? ✨

No comments:

Post a Comment