“Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found its words.”
That is exactly what came to mind while reading ๐ง๐๐น๐ถ๐ฝ by Sipra Supriya Naik. This collection feels like a quiet conversation with the different versions of ourselves..who we were, who life made us, and who we are still becoming.
The title poem, ๐ง๐๐น๐ถ๐ฝ, was one of my favourites. I loved how the flower becomes a beautiful metaphor for self-respect, individuality and finding the courage to stand on your own. The line “๐ ๐พ๐๐ถ๐ฒ๐ ๐๐๐ฟ๐ฒ๐ป๐ด๐๐ต ๐๐ต๐ฎ๐ ๐๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ฐ๐ต๐ฒ๐ ๐บ๐ฒ ๐๐ผ ๐ฟ๐ถ๐๐ฒ” stayed with me long after I finished the poem.
๐๐ป๐ป๐ผ๐ฐ๐ฒ๐ป๐ ๐ felt especially poignant. The reflection on childhood, perfection, obedience and the gradual loss of innocence made it one of the poems I connected with most. There is something very human about looking back at the person we once were and realizing how much life has changed us.
๐๐ฎ๐๐ถ๐ด๐๐ฒ was another poem that really stood out. “๐๐ฎ๐ฝ๐ฝ๐ ๐ผ๐ฟ ๐๐ฎ๐ฑ / ๐ถ๐ ๐ฎ๐น๐น ๐๐ฎ๐๐๐ฒ๐ ๐น๐ถ๐ธ๐ฒ ๐๐๐ฟ๐๐ถ๐๐ฎ๐น ๐ป๐ผ๐” captures emotional exhaustion in just a few words.
What I enjoyed most about ๐ง๐๐น๐ถ๐ฝ is its range. It moves through vulnerability, nostalgia, resilience, relationships, faith, failure and self-discovery, while still leaving room for hope and reflection.
๐ง๐๐น๐ถ๐ฝ is a thoughtful and emotionally layered poetry collection. It is the kind of book where you read a line, pause, and find yourself thinking about it long after turning the page. ๐ ๐ฏ๐ฒ๐ฎ๐๐๐ถ๐ณ๐๐น ๐ฟ๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ฑ ๐ณ๐ผ๐ฟ ๐ฎ๐ป๐๐ผ๐ป๐ฒ ๐๐ต๐ผ ๐น๐ผ๐๐ฒ๐ ๐ฝ๐ผ๐ฒ๐๐ฟ๐ ๐๐ต๐ฎ๐ ๐บ๐ฎ๐ธ๐ฒ๐ ๐๐ผ๐ ๐ณ๐ฒ๐ฒ๐น, ๐ฟ๐ฒ๐ณ๐น๐ฒ๐ฐ๐ ๐ฎ๐ป๐ฑ ๐น๐ผ๐ผ๐ธ ๐ถ๐ป๐๐ฎ๐ฟ๐ฑ.

Thank you for the review, and appreciation ✨✨
ReplyDelete