Saturday, August 8, 2026

Ladybug Run by Laura Algood

 



There's something magical about reading a children's book with a child instead of by yourself. I read Ladybug Run with my niece and I honestly think I enjoyed watching her reactions just as much as I enjoyed the story itself. From the very first pages, she was pointing at the illustrations, asking questions and eagerly guessing where Lulu the little ladybug would go next.

The story follows Lulu on an adventure through the seashore as she searches for her friends. Along the way, she meets a variety of fascinating sea creatures, each offering a clue while introducing young readers to the wonderful world of marine life. My niece loved trying to remember all the different animals Lulu met and by the end, she was naming her favorites and wanting to flip back through the pages to see them again.

What I appreciated most was how naturally the book blends a fun adventure with gentle lessons about friendship, kindness, curiosity and helping others. It never feels like it's trying too hard to teach something. Instead, those messages simply become part of Lulu's journey, making them much more meaningful for young readers.

The illustrations deserve a special mention too. They're bright, cheerful and full of little details that kept my niece engaged on every page. We found ourselves pausing often just to admire the artwork before moving on.

If you're looking for a picture book that's entertaining, beautifully illustrated and creates a lovely shared reading experience, Ladybug Run is a wonderful choice. By the time we reached the last page, my niece smiled and said, "Can we read it again?" Honestly, I couldn't think of a better review than that. ๐Ÿž๐Ÿ’™

No comments:

Post a Comment